Finish Kit Update July 2011 Updates
July 31, 2011
Wheel Pants ..... - 4.0 hrs

Now its over 6 weeks no power at the hangar. So back to work on the wheel pants. This really BLOWS!!!!

Again this update is over several weeks. I marked the wheelpants after final fitting where I wanted to add a few layers of fiberglass on the inside to wear better with the vibrations and provide a tighter fit. Next I installed the nutplates on the pants brackets.

When I too the pants home to work on the fiberglass I removed the cowling also. After 2 engine runs and several weeks of leaving the cowl on in the hot hangar I wanted to see how the baffle seals were forming. They all look good and seem to be sealing well. I also am installing the rubber seals on the bottom cowl to seal on the bottom of the inlet areas.

This website was built to document my work in compliance with the FAA requirements needed to certify my aircraft.
My experiences and comments are by no means to be considered as instructions on how to build any aircraft.