Engine Update February 2009 Updates
February 07, 2009
More Baffle Work.... - 5.0 hrs

Stopped by Harborfreight on the way to the hangar and picked up a 1 inch belt sander to work on these pieces that wouldnt fit the grinding wheel. Works like a champ. This tweaking is slow going. I just kept working each piece until it fit good and then moved on to the next one.

Once I got the 4 main cylinder pieces fitting good I cleaned up the edges with a scotchbrite pad on the diegrinder. Next are riveted the doubler plates where the screws go and also the angle pieces countersunk and riveted in place.

Lots more reading on how the front inlets work. However they don't describe how a horizontal induction gets done. Need to do some more research.

This website was built to document my work in compliance with the FAA requirements needed to certify my aircraft.
My experiences and comments are by no means to be considered as instructions on how to build any aircraft.